The heart is the mental/emotional center of the body. Many alternative medical practitioners believe the mind is where heart disease begins.
Here are some foods to help maintain a healthy heart.
– Oyster shells (in the form of oyster shell calcium)
– Whole grains such as whole wheat, brown rice, and oats to calm the mind and the heart
– Mushrooms (reshi, shitake) improve cerebral function and nurture the heart, soothe the spirit and calm the mind.
– Fruits such as mulberries, schisandra berries and lemons
– Chamomile, catnip, skullcap or valerian to calm the nervous system and aide with insomnia.
Spirit-focusing practices such as meditation, yoga, prayer and reciting mantras help play a vital role in heart health as well.